Experts call the Orbi wifi 6 System “The wifi,” so if you set up the Orbi RBK853 at your home or office, you are doing it right. This Orbi setup satellite system is one of Netgear’s great mesh wifi devices. The pack comes with one Orbi router and two satellites. The router and satellites work together to make the wifi signals reach up to 525 square meters and can power up almost a hundred devices with internet signals. The Orbi RBK853 wifi has a total of three bandwidths, one with 2.4GHz and two with 5GHz. Bandwidths of 2.4GHz and 5GHz can increase the speed of the internet by up to 2400 Mbps, and 5GHz can also increase the speed of the internet by 1200Mbps. So, after Setup Netgear Orbi RBK853, you will definitely have a different internet speed and coverage level.
This Netgear Orbi system is one of the best buys because it has one 2.4Gbps WAN port and four LAN ports. It also has a total of five Ethernet ports. The speed is kept up by the quad-core processor, and the built-in antivirus keeps the network safe. Even with your Netgear Orbi RBK853 set up, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant can work. Keep reading for a better view of information.
How Do I Connect My Orbi Router And Satellite?
Before Setup Orbi RBK853, you need to know how to sync the Orbi router and satellite. Follow the steps below to do that –
- First, turn off your home modem’s power, and then turn it back on.
- Connect the home modem to one end of the Ethernet cable and the Orbi router to the other.
- Plug the router’s power adapter into an electric outlet.
- Then, put the Orbi satellite in the same area as the Orbi router’s signal range so that they can work together. Use the LED light indicator as a guide.
- It’s time to plug the orbi satellite into an electrical outlet. The white light on the satellite indicator will be on and blink.
- The satellite will take care of this step. It will try to connect to the router on its own.
- When the satellite indicator turns blue, the sync is finished.
- If the light turns amber, move the satellite a little closer.
- If the light is magenta, unplug and plug back in the Orbi satellite.
- If nothing else works, you can try pressing the sync button on both the router and the satellite.
Orbi RBK853 Setup
You can connect to the Orbi RBK853 or set it up using the Netgear Application, WPS, or the web.
Web-Based Setup Of Orbi RBK853
- The power source must be connected to both the orbi router and the satellite.
- Connection Type –
- Wired Connection: Use an Ethernet cable to connect the router to the system or computer.
- Nothing needs to be done to get a wireless connection.
- Open the settings for your wifi network on your devices.
- Go get the orbi router box. The username and password are written on a label on the back.
(Note: If you’re not using that router, use your home router; the SSIDs will be the same as your already-set-up home network.)
- Use the password given to connect to that network. Your network is now working, and the Setup Netgear Orbi RBK853 is done.
Orbi RBK853 Setup WPS Based
- Make sure the power is getting to the devices.
- Press the WPS button on the router when you’re done.
- Then, press the WPS button on the Orbi satellite within two minutes. Now, the devices will sync up on their own.
If your router isn’t an Orbi, you can search online for the instructions for your wifi router and follow them. You can also use the Orbi router that came with it.
Based on an app, Orbi RBK853 Setup
- You are required to first download the Orbi Netgear app onto your smartphone in order to set up a configuration that employs an app. The application may be downloaded from both the App Store and Google Play.
- Launch the Orbi app from Netgear, then set up the device.
- After that, you should go into the settings for your phone’s wifi connection.
- A listing of Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) can be found on the back of the Orbi router box.
- You should search for those SSIDs in the settings for your wifi network, and then connect to the one that you discover.
- When setting up the Orbi RBK853, open the app and be sure to pay attention to the instructions that appear on the screen.
You have finished the Netgear Orbi RBK853 Setup and did a good job. You can still contact us even if you can’t make the connection. Our team is here to help you. So, both your home and your office will have full wifi networks and signals.